Project First Choice provides free behavior consultation services for child care providers and families of young children (age 0-6) struggling with challenging behaviors, to help the child be successful in a child care setting. We have three on-site behavior consultants to assist providers and parents with behavior management strategies and resources to reduce challenging behaviors and keep children in childcare.
Once a child is referred to the program, the behavior consultant will work with both the family and the child care setting to provide:
- On-site visits in the child care setting
- Observations, screenings, and assessments
- Behavior Plans developed for the child care setting
- Assistance with implementing the Behavior Plan
- Progress support and monitoring
- Follow-up visits and support
Making a Referral
Parents, child care providers, and other caregivers can make referrals by calling The Promise Resource Center. If you wish to learn more about the program, ask to speak to one of our Behavior Consultants.