Looking for the perfect valentine craft for your children? Look no further than this personalized fortune cookie! The cookie is easy to make (you only need a few materials) and kids will love reading their “fortune”.
This is a great activity to help introduce children to school readiness and sharing! At the age of 4, children should show further progress in developing friendships with peers, even if a bond is formed with just one other child. At this age, children also begin to try and please other children by giving gifts, inviting friends to play, and performing other friendship building activities. Valentine’s Day crafts are an awesome way to introduce children to the concept of sharing and giving gifts to their friends!
What you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Circle Die Cut (Optional) *PRC offers more than 500 die-cut shapes for free use!
- Begin by cutting a circle and long strip from your construction paper.
- Fold your circle in half (2x) until you have the shape of a fortune cookie.
- Write a “fortune” or note on your strip of paper that you want your friend to open.
- Stick the strip inside the fortune cookie shape so there is an end hanging out of each side of the cookie.
- Enjoy sharing these darling valentines with friends!