The Family Services Interventionist works with referred at-risk families to educate the adults in their role as parents and providers to the identified child(ren). The Interventionist provides direct assistance to families in creating and achieving their own goals through home visits. The intensity and length of the services is based on the needs of the family and child. The Family Services Interventionist will provide referrals to appropriate professionals when needed. Additionally, the Family Services Interventionist provides at-risk families with community supervised visitation services and co-parenting coaching. This position does require occasional evening and weekend availability.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These examples are illustrative and not all inclusive:
- The Family Services Interventionist works with families in crisis with multiple needs.
- Provides child-specific and general information on parenting, child development, and early learning milestones.
- Maintains current files on all referrals.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Collects data necessary for evaluation of the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by The Promise Resource Center.
- Bachelors or higher degree in early childhood, special education, social work, psychology, human services or related field preferred.
- Has at least two-years experience in providing direct behavioral intervention to children 0-18 years old with challenging behaviors.
- Has knowledge of early childhood mental health, developmental milestones, early childhood behavior management and experience working with children 0-7 years.
- Demonstrated ability in working with parents, community and educational personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a broad variety of individuals and agencies, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Experience in using a trauma informed perspective when working with families.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of experience do you have working with families in an in-home setting?
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations