What do we do?
The NOVO Parenting Program provides each family with an In-Home Interventionist who is dedicated to
assessing, teaching and supporting the strengths and needs of each individual family they work with.
Families receive home-based services including assessments, education, parenting materials, and the
option of attending parenting socialization groups.
NOVO Parenting Program is not a curriculum based program. The strengths and needs of each individual
family are reviewed to develop a unique plan by which comprehensive services can be provided that
supports and promotes the family’s healthy development. All services provided are family-centered with
the goal of developing safe, stable and independent families.
Some parenting skill areas NOVO commonly focuses on include:
- Developmental milestones and growth
- Brain development and nurturing practices
- Neglect and Abuse Prevention
- Positive parenting
- Home organization
- Economic self-sufficiency/budgeting
- Nutrition/grocery shopping
- Peer and family pressure (including pregnancy delay)
- Personal power/self-esteem
- Recognizing and understanding feelings
- Effective non-violent discipline
- Family fun
NOVO staff actively support all efforts made by their families to facilitate change in their lives. We do this
by providing both physical and emotional supports. This includes access to materials and resources
needed to facilitate change (literature, toys, safety supplies, chore charts, schedules, etc), and most importantly—unbiased and fair emotional support.