We offer Core of Knowledge trainings which include the areas of:
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition
These trainings satisfy the Office of Child Care requirements to receive and/ or maintain a license for
family as well as center child care providers. Our trainings are held on weekday evenings as well as on
Saturdays. For centers, most of our trainings are also offered as on-site workshops at your location for a bulk discounted price. Come check us out!
We also offer the following specialty workshops:
- Medication Administration
- Infant/ Toddler 45-hour Modules
- CSEFEL for Infants and Toddlers
- The Maryland Credential Program
- Payment must be received at the time of registration. Registration form with payment would be greatly appreciated. To register for a class: mail check or money order to The Promise Resource Center, or during our regular business hours (M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm), drop off payment or call our office to pay by credit card over the phone.
- No walk-ins permitted. No money will be accepted at the door.
- Due to space limitations, liability issues and the need for a learning environment, children are not allowed to attend any workshops. Please make child care arrangements in advance.
- Confirmations will not be mailed. You may call 301-290-0040 to verify your enrollment in a class.
- There will be a $40 service charge for returned checks.
- You must be present and participate in the entire class to receive a certificate for the clock hours listed. Classes begin at the stated time and no admittance will be permitted 15 minutes after the class has started. Late arrivals will not receive a certificate, refund or transfer for the class.
- If you have lost or misplaced a certificate, there will be a $5 charge to replace it.
- Please call 301-290-0040 in advance of class if you need assistance or require special accommodations.
- All classes are open to the public.
- We only issue refunds if the Promise Resource Center cancels the class. If you need to cancel, you must call the Resource Center 24 hours in advance and we will gladly give you a credit for another class. Please note new policy: credit for cancelled classes must be used to attend another class within 60 days of the cancellation or it is forfeited.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance for CPR and First Aid and Medication Administration or your payment will be forfeited and no credits will be issued.
- The Promise Center reserves the right to cancel a class if, the day prior to the class, we do not have 10 paid participants. You will receive a call notifying you of the cancellation and your money will be refunded or transferred to another class.
- The Promise Center follows College of Southern Maryland’s inclement weather cancellation schedule.
- For current cancellations please call 301-290-0040.