Valentine’s Day Heart Bag: Social Foundations
This is a great school readiness activity for developing social foundations. At the age of 4, children should show further progress in developing friendships with peers, even if a bond is formed with just one other child. At this age, children also begin to try and please other children by giving gifts, inviting friends to play, and performing other friendship building activities. By creating Valentine’s Day bags to give to other children or to receive valentine’s day cards in, children will begin to understand that the act of giving is associated with love and friendship. See full directions below the video.
What you will need:
- Construction Paper (2 colors)
- Hole Puncher
- 2 Pipe Cleaners
- Circle Die-Cut (optional) * Can be used for free at The Promise Resource Center!
- Begin by cutting 2 large circles from your construction paper. You can always use the medium circle die-cut and rolling accu-cut machine from The Promise Resource Center for free!
- Fold each circle in half.
- Glue one circle to the inside of the other so that they look like a heart when put together.
- Punch 2 holes in the top of each side of the heart shape you have created (through both sides)
- Put the ends of one pipe cleaner through the holes on each side of the heart shape. Fold the ends up to secure the pipe cleaners.
- Put cards, candies, and activities inside your bag!